- HSCL Activities, Official School Newsletter, 6th Class, 5th Class, 4th Class, 3rd Class, 2nd Class, 1st Class, Senior Infants, Junior Infants, Events, School News, Forms & Publications
- Halloween, Christmas, Books, Bookfair, Shoebox Appeal, HSCL, Book Club, School Day, Sponsored Walk, Enrolment, Caretaker, Contact Details, fair, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Carving
In this newsletter: Official Opening of our Sensory Garden and Play Area | Halloween Sponsored Walk | Enrolment 2017 | Caretaker Position | Contact Details | School Day | Bookfair | HSCL News : Book Club – Christmas Shoe Box Appeal – Pumpkin Carving
Official Opening of our Sensory Garden and Play Area
Holy Rosary School would like to invite you to celebrate the Official Opening of our Sensory Garden and Play Area by Dr. Katherine Zappone, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs on Monday, 24th October 2016 at 10.45a.m.
Halloween Sponsored Walk
We are also holding our sponsored Halloween Hike on Monday, 24th October at approximately 12 noon. Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes on the day. All money raised will go towards the cost of transport to games/matches etc. and IT equipment.
Route: The route of the Halloween Hike will be along Old Court Avenue, Ferncourt, Allenton and back to school.
Application Forms are now available for those wishing to enrol their child for September 2017. Forms can be collected from the office or are available to download from the school website. Completed application forms should be returned to the office with all of the relevant documents by Friday, 28th October 2016.
Holy Rosary Primary School has a vacancy for a Full-time School Caretaker. Anyone interested should forward letter of application and CV to Principal. See full details here.
- School starts at 9.20am and ends at 2pm for Junior and Senior Infants and at 3pm for all other students. All pupils should be on time.
- According to Department of Education Guidelines children arriving after 11am must be marked absent even if a note has been sent to the teacher.
- Only in exceptional circumstances should children be collected early from school. This must be recorded at the office and may be notified to the Department of Education.
- If a child is absent for any reason a note must be sent to the class teacher when the child returns. These notes can be found in Student Journal.
There will be a Book Fair held in the school hall on Thursday and Friday the 10th and 11th of November 2016. The books may be viewed and/or purchased at 9am — 10am and 1.30pm — 3.30pm on both those days. The school receives 60% of the monies raised to purchase books for our School Library.
Parents’ Book Club meets this Thursday at 9.30am in the Parents’ Room. New members welcome.
Christmas Shoe Box Appeal:
The forms are in Kathleen’s Office and the closing date is November 11th.
If you are interested please contact Kathleen for further details on 086 0276666.